Learn about our new program teaching English at language schools in China's
dynamic major cities!
Experience a culture very different from your own with programs that put you in the middle of the world’s oldest civilization. Bring a fresh viewpoint to developing communities well off the beaten path in rural China – timeless places that few Westerners really get to know – or dive into the bustle of a fast-growing city like Chongqing or Guangzhou. The sights and variety of experiences in China are nearly as vast as the country itself.
Teach abroad in China with J1 Abroad and you can:
- Experience China’s traditional festivals, try exotic cuisine, or find balance with early-morning tai chi lessons
- Travel through ancient landscapes in a lush countryside of terraced rice paddies
- Bolster your resume by learning Chinese while you experience this fast-growing economy firsthand
- Prepare for a globalized future by learning the distinctive styles of Chinese networking and negotiation
The fee for the program covers:
- Job placement
- Modern, furnished accommodations
- Pre-departure support, including visa assistance
- International insurance with 24-hour emergency assistance services
- 24-hour in-country support
- In-country orientation
- Transportation to your teaching assignment
- Cultural and professional development activities
- One to two months of vacation for two-semester midyear-entry participants
- A completion bonus equivalent to one or two months’ salary to offset the cost of return airfare if you teach for two consecutive semesters at the same school
Meet your students:
In the fast-growing, globalized Chinese economy, English is an important pathway to success. You’ll be welcomed with open arms and have students who want to find out all they can – not only about English, but about Western culture as well. With so much to learn from one another, classes will be something you look forward to every day.J1 Abroad places teachers in classrooms that range from kindergarten to college. You can request placement at a particular level and preferred location, though placements are driven by the demand for English-speaking teachers and the requirements of each host institution, so J1 Abroad cannot guarantee that all requests will be met. In the fast-growing, globalized Chinese economy, English is an important pathway to success. You’ll be welcomed with open arms and have students who want to find out all they can – not only about English, but about Western culture as well. With so much to learn from one another, classes will be something you look forward to every day.